Are You a Patient of Novelly Dentistry?
If you’re a current patient and need emergency dental care, please give us a call (480) 892-6868. If you are calling after hours and it is an urgent matter, please visit an emergency center right now. If it can wait until morning, we will do our best to fit you into our schedule.
When to Seek Emergency Dental Care
Here are guidelines on how to handle common oral discomforts and injuries, and when these require emergency dental care or services:
- • Toothache: See your emergency dentist as soon as you feel discomfort or pain.
- • Broken, chipped or cracked tooth: Rinse your mouth with warm water and apply a cold compress to your face. Go to the dentist right away. If the tooth was broken or chipped, bring the tooth fragment wrapped in wet gauze or a wet towel.
- • Loosened or knocked-out tooth: If your tooth becomes loose due to trauma, call your dentist. For a knocked out tooth, gently insert the lost tooth back in its socket if possible, holding the tooth by the crown using a clean washcloth. If the tooth is dirty, first rinse the root, but do not scrub it or remove any attached tissues. If reinsertion is not possible, hold the tooth under the tongue and go to the dentist immediately.
- • Broken Jaw: Apply ice or a cold compress to the face. Go to an emergency center immediately.
- • Bitten Tongue or Lip: Clean the area with a wet cloth and place a cold compress on the area to reduce swelling. If the bleeding persists or if it is excessive, go to an emergency center.
The most important step is to contact your Chandler, AZ dental office and schedule an appointment immediately. There is no reason to wait when you are experiencing discomfort and pain. The longer an emergency goes without being treated, the more likely it is that an infection will grow. Before the pain and discomfort gets worse, call us today and get your dental emergency taken care of!